Capital Campaign Coordinator
Position Type: Part Time
The Assabet Co-op Market seeks a Capital Campaign Coordinator to plan and guide our $2 million capital campaign, for a focused effort of about four months. As we build up to opening, we want someone who can ramp up quickly and work collaboratively with the Board, our Director of Outreach and Communications, our Capital Campaign committee, and a professional campaign consultant. This individual will report to either the Board or a manager, depending on timing. The right person will lead and energize the people involved, and will develop strategies as needed.
The position is part time — with strong institutional support — some weeks requiring more than others. Major responsibilities (more details available upon request):
- Work with Board chair and consultant to develop campaign timeline and budget
- Work with Capital Campaign committee chair and consultant; attend all committee meetings
- Assist with planning all aspects of the campaign launch and other campaign events
- Coordinate communication among campaign committee members, Board, and Director ofOutreach & Communications
- Develop and implement a strategy and plan for gathering pre-commitments, approaching largeinvestors, and other campaign elements
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of a system to track campaign progress, callerand collections performance, and other data important to the Co-op’s foundation and future
- Oversee and regularly assess the ongoing success of the campaign, adjusting strategies asneeded
- Ensure progress and details of the campaign are communicated frequently (at least twice aweek) internally and to the co-op owners and public
- Create and maintain an upbeat and celebratory campaign atmosphereKey skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to inspire others
- Belief in and enthusiasm for Assabet Co-op Market
- Ability to coordinate complex projects in rapidly moving environments
- Leadership experience using a collaborative and inclusive process
- Ability to coach and motivate team members toward a collective goal
- Comfort and experience with talking to people about money, approaching people to solicitfunding, and leading an active working group
- Willingness to hold yourself and others accountable in an environment that is supportive andfun
Next steps: We are seeking someone to begin in August. Planning phase of the campaign to be completed in August, with launch starting roughly one week after Labor Day.
Pay is commensurate with experience and may include incentives.
Interested? Please submit a resume and cover letter that outlines the reasons you are interested and why you are a good fit for this position. You can apply through the form below or by e-mailing your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.